31 things that are giving me a serious thaitasm right now.
- The taxi driver at the airport didn’t rip me off. The journey was cheaper, significantly cheaper than I was told it would be.
- It’s hot. But it’s not humid in Bangkok.
- No men have been weird, hit on me, followed me. (Okay apart from the guy with the Iguana and an Indian tourist in my hotel.)
- The clothes. I haven’t even found a mall yet and the clothes. Swoon. I’m not even talking about the ‘Los Pollos Hermanos’ tshirt I bought on Khao San. I’m talking about the dress. And Thai Style. I’m finding out where these ladies shop and going there.
- Chocolate: Green tea kitkats, cookies and cream kitkats, cashew and cookie dairy milk, birthday cake m&m’s…need I continue?
- Fresh food. The food has not been nuked to death. It has flavour and the flavour is amazing. And not of masala.
- Meat. I’m half way through my iron tablets already, i need a serious red meat/protein injection. Pork on a skewer? Yes please.
- Green Juice. Health in a bottle.
- Clean streets. No dodging for shit, shit or more shit.
- Puffy little dogs. I met one her name is Molly.
- Traffic lights. Where there is a countdown system and people adhere to the rules of the road.
- Pink taxis. Pink buses
- Handbags made out of coke cans. *Proud owner*
- Walking. It’s normal here. You can walk and not get every
pervert, potential rapist, weirdoguy following you.
- The reclining Buddha at Wat Pho. Jaw dropped.
- Sushi. Fresh spicy salmon rolls for £3
- When a man shouted at a tourist for leaving his plate in the street and told him to put it in a bin.
- ‘How much is it?’ ‘It’s 100 baht but i will give you discount’
- Fake havaianas. I haven’t. Yet.
- Fish on a stick #memoriesofkorea
- Working wifi
- Thai Pride. It shines brighter than the yellow that adorns the images of the King.
- Seaweed sheets at 7-11
- 7-11 #memoriesofkorea
- My new baby blue iphone charger (the other one died)
- Glittery gold temple decoration
- Thai public toilets. So far in Bangkok they are clean. And they flush.
- The fact that i’m at number 28 on this list and I have barely been 1km from Khao San Road
- Did I mention the food yet?
- Red wine. South African red wine.
- The potential. (see 28)
Why 31? Cos i’m nearly 32. Eeeek.